The Suffolk Rail Policy Group (SRPG) is made up of delegate councillors from:
• Babergh District Council;
• Forest Heath District Council;
• Ipswich Borough Council;
• Mid Suffolk District Council;
• Suffolk Association of Local Councils
• Suffolk Coastal District Council;
• Suffolk County Council;
• St Edmundsbury Borough Council; and
• Waveney District Council.
All are voting members of the group.
Representatives of rail companies and the Rail Passengers Council also attend meetings of SRPG.
The aims of the group are:
- To enable the opportunity for the County Council and constituent Borough and District Councils and SALC (representing Parish and Town Councils) in Suffolk to work collaboratively in the development of strategic policy relating to railway matters.
- To enable the opportunity for the County Council, Borough and District Councils and SALC (representing Parish and Town Councils) in Suffolk to provide a co-ordinated response to Government proposals and any other significant stakeholder consultations relating to railway matters.
- To consider proposals for local authority funding for railway passenger or freight services operating wholly or partly within Suffolk, or otherwise of benefit to the residents or environment of Suffolk.
- To advise the County Council and constituent Borough, District, Town and Parish Councils on any of the above matters.
Rail companies operating in suffolk:
Greater Anglia (external).