To travel on home to school/college transport, all users are required to have a travel pass which includes a colour photograph (regardless of age or entitlement).

Who can get one

You should only complete a photo application form if you have received a letter from us informing you of either:

  • free entitlement to home to school transport
  • confirmation that a place is available on our spare seats transport scheme

Students with special education needs don't need to submit a photo form if the journey to school/college will be made solely on a special needs taxi or minibus. You only need to submit the photo form if any public transport or school/college bus service is involved. The letter confirming your transport will advise you of this.

Submit photo

Receiving your pass

Once your form has been completed and payment (where applicable) has been received, the travel pass will be issued.

This can take up to 10 working days.

When you complete your photo application form online you will be sent an email advising when the card has been sent to print.

Please Note: If you have recently received a home to school travel pass, please be aware that Suffolk County Council are not able to make changes to the routes assigned unless the matter is regarding a safetyCloseSchool Transport definition: You consider that the nearest available walking route to their nearest/catchment school is unsafe for an accompanied child pedestrian concern or siblings travelling on different routes.  Any other requests for changes to routes will be looked at later in the Autumn term.

Using your pass

Our policy requires students to hold a valid travel pass which incorporates a photograph to show the bus driver that you are entitled to travel.

Travel pass not required

If you have been offered free home-to-school transport and do not wish to take it up please let us know.