Replace a lost, stolen or broken travel pass

If a school travel pass is lost, stolen or damaged, it will need to be replaced.

If a corner or fragment is broken off but your photo, name, school/college, all route numbers, expiry date and hologram are all clearly visible, there is no need to replace the pass. If the pass is snapped into two or more pieces a replacement must be obtained and a payment is required. Taping it back together is not acceptable. Please remember that travel passes are valuable and students whose passes are lost, stolen or damaged must apply for a replacement pass as soon as possible. If a pupil or student cannot produce a valid pass when asked to do so they may not be able to travel. There are variants to this cost dependent on some routes as detailed below.

Standard home-to-school pass


If your card looks similar to the design above (colours may vary) then it is a standard home-to-school pass issued by Suffolk County Council. The general costs to replace this card is £10 and should be done via the replace my pass button below.

Apply and pay for a replacement pass

Home-to-school pass variants


NXEA (with no digits following) denotes rail pass issued from warrant. Replacement fee is approximately £10 and you must apply to the original station of issue.

GA016 - the replacement fee is £20. Apply to Suffolk County Council by calling 03456 066 173.

CS40 - apply to Coach Services by calling 01842 821509. The replacement fee is at the discretion of the company.

FSXBUS - apply to First Essex by calling 01245 293402. The replacement fee is at the discretion of the company.

RLYBM - apply to Rallybeam by calling 07789 722277. The replacement fee is at the discretion of the company.

First EC – apply to Passenger Transport, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2BX. The replacement fee is £15.

For students who have one of the above routes and a 'standard' route (e.g. SC720) it will unfortunately be necessary to pay the required fee to the company concerned and £10 to Suffolk County Council to replace the 'normal' pass, if both have been lost.


If you wish to replace the photo on your pass there is a fee of £10

Apply by calling 03456 066 173

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK