Plan your journey to school, college or 6th form here
Free cycle route maps in Suffolk
|Beccles (PDF, 922KB)||Lowestoft (PDF, 4.4MB)|
|Bury St Edmunds (PDF, 1.4MB)||Mildenhall (PDF, 336KB)|
|Felixstowe (PDF, 5.75MB)||Newmarket (PDF, 859KB)|
|Felixstowe to Ipswich (PDF, 1.8MB)||Stowmarket (PDF, 1.3MB)|
|Halesworth (PDF, 1.8MB)||Sudbury (PDF, 1MB)|
|Haverhill (PDF, 3.8MB)||Woodbridge (PDF, 776KB)|
|Ipswich (PDF, 4.3MB)|
Find more leisure maps on Discover Suffolk website.
Bike & Go is a bike hire scheme that lets you quickly and easily complete your train journey by bike.
You'll find Bike & Go hire bikes at the following train stations:
- Ipswich Train Station
- Lowestoft Train Station
- Stowmarket Train Station
This is how it works.
- Register your credit or debit card details here and pay the annual subscription fee
- Receive your Bike & Go card in the post
- Check availability at your chosen station
- Show your Bike & Go card or registration email at the station’s ticket office to collect the key to your bike
- The rental fee will automatically be charged at the end of every month
- Unlock the bike from the station and get pedalling!
- Remember to use both locks when leaving your bike unattended
- Return the bike to a Bike & Go station, lock it and return the key to ticket office
Register today http://www.bikeandgo.co.uk/
Information about school travel plans which encourage children to walk or cycle to school, to help improve the safety of school journeys.
We work with schools and organisations (such as the police) to encourage children to either walk or cycle to school.
Parents who take their children to and from school by car are creating a risk to pedestrians and cyclists, increasing congestion around the school and creating higher levels of exposure to pollution.
A school travel plan can help to:
- improve safety on the school journey
- encourage more walking and cycling
- find ways of reducing the number of car trips made to a school
Types of initiatives that schools can use are:
- a voluntary car lift share scheme
- a walking bus
- cycle training and permit scheme
- -park and stride" (parking away from the school at designated sites and walking the remainder)
Visit Suffolk Roadsafe website for further information about:
- walking to school
- cyclist training
- school crossing patrols
- school travel plans