Bus services

Commercial bus services

In the first instance complaints should be directed towards the operator of the service concerned.

You should telephone or write to the office of the bus service operator concerned as soon as possible after the incident.
Please remember that any situation will have to be investigated and the operator may need to ring you back.

Sponsored bus services

If the service is sponsored by Suffolk County Council (identifiable by the 1 code on the timetable) then you can report the incident to us.
There are 2 ways you can report a problem to us;

Taking things further

Should the operator be unable to resolve your problem to your satisfaction, the matter can be referred to the Bus Appeals Body who will examine complaints about local services.

Bus Users England
Princes Exchange
Princes Square

Call 01134 577900

Contact Bus Users

Contacting the Traffic Commissioner

If after this the matter remains unresolved, the final point of contact is the Traffic Commissioner for the Eastern Region who is responsible for the initial registration of all services.The Traffic Commissioner
Eastern Traffic Area
Shaftesbury Road 
CB2 8BF 

Call 0300 123 9000

Back to top